Posts tagged Comics.
Galaxy’s Greatest Comic™ Characters!
- Mutant bounty hunter, Johnny Alpha - Strontium Dog.
- Alpha's 'norm' partner, displaced viking, Wulf Sternhammer.
- Alpha and Sternhammer’s resident medic and sidekick, the (not-so!) timid, Gronk!
- Teenage delinquent, Waldo ‘D.R’ Dobbs, and equally psychotic best friend…
- …Ernest Errol Quinch, the other half of D.R. & Quinch!
- Founder and creator of Ro-Busters®, cyborg business mogul, Howard Quartz - 'Mr. Ten Per-Cent'.
- From Mega-City One to Brit-Cit (via the planet, Verdus!), Sam Slade: Robo-Hunter always gets his droid!
- Green-skinned genius, alien editor of the Galaxy’s Greatest Comic, our founder..Tharg the Mighty!
- Alien freedom fighter, holder of the Sword Sinister, Nemesis the Warlock - “Credo!”
World Comics is Good Comics.
HELLBOY: THE MIDNIGHT CIRCUS PREVIEW
Story by Mike Mignola
Art by Duncan Fegredo
Colors by Dave Stewart
A preview that will make your icy-cold heart melt.
Coming this October 23!
Buy Comics / Read Comics!
Animal Man appreciation post
"Listen, Ellen, I’ve been doing some thinking over the last couple of months… about my Animal Man powers and stuff… and, well, I’ve come to a decision. I want to go full time into the super-hero business"
- Buddy Baker
Slaine:The Name Of The Sword-Greg Staples
Slaine has been called upon by the Earth Goddess,as her eternal champion for another mission back through the ages-and this time it’s personal!
Our Celtic hero must travel to Britain during the Norman occupation to find the Sword of the Blood God and become the new King of the Green,Robin Goodfellow.
Also present in this age is Slaine’s earthly wife Niamh,where her soul inhabits the body of a Catholic nun,Sister Marian.
Determined to save Niamh,who unbeknownst to her is being manipulated by the Blood God himself,Slaine intends to discover the secret name of the Blood God’s sword,thus negating it’s power and releasing Sister Marian from it’s malign influence.
First though,Slaine must deal with local Norman despot,Sheriff Gilbert De Mandeville,by recruiting a local coven of Pagan rebels,who tired of daily torments at the hands of their Norman oppressors crown Slaine,King of the Greenwood and advance on his imposing castle..
Can Slaine retrieve the Sword and learn it’s secret name and will Niamh-now Sister Marian-remember her past lives with her true love Slaine and return to her belief in the Goddess Danu?
- Slaine arrives in Norman-occupied Britain in search of the Sword of the Blood God.Art:Greg Staples.
- Sister Marian-actually Slaine’s earthly wife,Niamh in a previous incarnation has lost touch with the old ways-Greg Staples.
- Slaine appears to a horrified Sister Marian,in the guise of the Green Man,speaking of their eternal love-Greg Staples.
- Slaine encounters the unpleasant Abbot Drogo and his henchmen-Greg Staples
- Drogo’s men “Kiss Slaine’s Axe!”-Greg Staples
- Turgot and the Greenwood Coven-Greg Staples
- Slaine is crowned the new King of the Green,Robin Goodfellow-Greg Staples
- Sister Marian reads about Slaine and remembers her past lives-Greg Staples
- Slaine gathers the coven for an assault on the casle of Sheriff De Mandeville-Greg Staples
- “Chop ‘Til You Drop!",cover:Prog 956-Greg Staples
Magnus, Robot Fighter #4. “Menace from the Depths” Cover art by Russ Manning. Underwater food-processing facilities are sabotaged by a robot that wants to destroy all mankind.
Two great things about this cover. First, check out the head on that robot! It’s a “think-rob” so of course its head is huge. Second, Magnus proves to be the exception to the rule by being a male wearing a cellophane suit.
Gold Key comics ruuuuule. The old Turok: Son of Stone covers are amazing too.
Using this little link here you submit anything, from artwork to reviews and comic-related links over the ‘net!
Now please be mindful of a couple of things before sending me tons of stuff:
For Comic Art:
- Please send clean artwork, I don’t post watermarked art of any kind!
- Let me know
- who is the artist! (giving proper credit is a must!) or if you are an artist yourself, send me the proper links to your site (tumblr, devianart account, blogspot etc.)
- I only do Superheroes on this blog (and derivatives like the occasional Science Fiction, Videogame or Anime stuff), so please keep that in mind before sending me your awesome art about something totally unrelated.
- Keep it clean! I know I post a lot of comic ladies here, but I don’t post nudes or sex stuff. There’s plenty of that here on tumblr anyway.
For Comic Reviews:
For the love of god, stay away of reviews like this:
- Keep it simple: 3 paragraphs of about 7 to 10 lines explaining the most positive things you did see in the comic in question regarding writing, story, and art. Why no room for negative stuff you ask? because why the hell would I tell you to read a bad comic?
For Movies and TV Shows:
- Very much like above, you explain why whatever you watched is so great in 3 paragraphs of about 7 to 10 lines explaining the most positive things you did see in the movie (or series) in question regarding writing, story, visuals and casting. I’ve already reviewed a lot of Comic Movies, but there are some out there that I haven’t touched, feel free to take a crack at them so I’ll know if we see eye to eye!
For Music and Videos:
- I post music for your ears here from time to time, If you want to share a song (or a video, or a AMV…) that you believe is great, the only requisite I ask is that it must be related to comic lore or gaming related stuff, what does this mean specifically? well you can submit that great Soundgarden song if it belongs to a Comic Movie Soundtrack!
That’s about it for now folks, if you have any question please go to my askbox! I’ll always reply privately!
P.s: Please check these guys out, they are my greatest supporters and Comics Forever wouldn’t exist without the great push these guys have given me!
Fear Agent #28 // Tony Moore
2,000 DC Heroes to be included in Scribblenauts Unmasked. I don’t know if you’ve ever played Scribblenauts, but the long and short of it is these games have a huge database of objects that you can summon to solve puzzles by simply writing the word. And now you’ll have 2,000 DC Heroes at your fingertips. My first summon is going to be Big Barda and a Boom Tube, no question.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #24
You know you did great when they don’t need you anymore…
WHO SAID IT WAS OK TO MAKE ME SAD!?!?!?!!?
i hope you shit legos sir
I’m just gonna go sit in a corner and cry now. I will never leave my babies alone now…
Okay, I’m seriously crying my eyes out right now…..
#That’s okay, I don’t need my heart.
No but I’m actually crying right now
This isn’t funny, guys.
I’m crying now. that hurt.